When to Use the Honle UV LED Pen 2.0
The LED Pen 2.0 from Honle is a simple and cost effective way to cure UV adhesives. This UV curing device runs at a 365nm wavelength and provides UV intensity of 4,800 mW/cm2. The LED Pen 2.0 provides a long service life, maximum maneuverability and the ability to add a simple foot pedal for hands free operation.
For more power and additional nm wavelengths check out the Honle Power Pen 2.0.
Common Applications for the Honle LED Pen 2.0
- Bonding or fixing components in electronic, optical and medical applications
- Flourescense excitation for use in material testing and image processing
- Intense monochromatic UV irradiation for chemical, biological and pharmaceutical applications
The Honle LED Pen 2.0 is a great way to cure low visible and UV cure adhesives at an affordable price point. Because the Pen 2.0 uses LED light (365nm wavelength) it does not emit harmful IR radiation and will not cause damage to heat sensitive substrates. Using the LED Pen 2.0 provides excellent flexibility and range of motion making it possible to cure adhesives even in difficult to reach spaces.
Using the LED Pen 2.0
This LED pen offers a compact size and light weight curing solution. The LED Pen is powered via an external plug-in supply unit (adaptable for the world wide use) which is included in the scope of delivery. The LED Pen is manually operated by using a pressure switch on the unit.
The Advantages of LED Technology in the Pen 2.0
The use of LED devices offers the following advantages:
- LED’s do not emit IR radiation. The reduced heating of the substrate allows processing of heat sensitive materials.
- The nearly monochromatic spectrum of the LED Pen matches the absorption of photo-initiators in UV curable adhesives and allows a fast and secure cure.
- The LED Pen can be switched on and off as often as necessary. He does not require a warm-up or cooling phase.
365 nm +/- 10 nm
UVA-intensity at aperature*
UVA-intensity at 5mm dis- tance
electrical power input
ca. 5 W
from external net
100-240V AC or 24V DC
dimensions (Ø x length)
26 mm x 129 mm
without additional cooling
max. 10 minutes
Questions about this product? Our team of adhesive specialists can help. Submit your questions and we'll get you answers right away.
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.